Women’s Health Services
We are very excited to introduce EmpowerRF from InMode, the most advanced and comprehensive solution available delivering life-changing technologies for women’s health. These FDA-cleared state-of-the-art treatments use a combination of synergistic bipolar radiofrequency (RF) energy and electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) to address common women’s health concerns.
“I have been asked why is a dermatologist offering women’s health services and treating urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness, and laxity? I treat skin disease all over the body, including genital skin, and when I saw the results that we were getting on the face and body with our Forma and Morpheus8 devices on the Optimas platform, the better question became, how could I NOT offer the EmpowerRF services to women? The photos and testimonials from patients that have received Aviva, FormaV, Morpheus8V, and/or VTone treatments are simply amazing. Many women have received life-changing results with the EmpowerRF platform, and I believe that women in central Minnesota deserve freedom from these debilitating and embarrassing women’s health issues.”
-Kristina M. Britton, MD
Do you pee when you laugh, cough, sneeze, run, or jump? Do you have the urge to urinate and cannot get to the bathroom quick enough? Do you suffer from both? Our combination treatment approach to urinary incontinence tightens and lifts the tissue of the vagina and bladder as well as strengthens the muscles of the pelvic floor.
Recurrent Vaginal Infections
Do you suffer from recurrent vaginal, bacterial or yeast infections? This is often due to the pH of the vagina becoming too neutral. Our treatments can decrease the pH of the vagina back to a normal level, resulting in less infections.
Recurrent bladder infections can be caused by incomplete bladder emptying and enlarged labia that make hygiene more challenging. Our treatments can help improve the tissue supporting the bladder and urethra, allowing for more complete emptying, as well as tighten the labia allowing for better hygiene of the vulva.
Have you been diagnosed with lichen sclerosus and find that your current treatment is not controlling your symptoms? This is the first treatment that addresses the tissue and doesn’t just manage the symptoms of lichen sclerosus.
Pain During Intercourse
Is intercourse painful due to vaginal dryness? Do episiotomy scars cause pain? Let us help you rekindle your intimacy.
Loose Vaginal Walls and/or Vulvar Skin
Do you experience a “pinching” of the labia when wearing certain clothes or during certain activities such as horseback riding, bike riding, or during intercourse? Don’t let pain dictate your choices any longer.
Weak Pelvic Floor
A weak pelvic floor can contribute to urinary incontinence and vaginal looseness. Our treatment can re-educate and strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor.
Decreased Sensation or Inability to Orgasm
Our treatments not only increase vaginal lubrication, but they also tighten the vaginal canal, labia, and clitoral hood resulting in more friction during intercourse.
Aesthetic Appearance of the Vulva and/or Vagina
Are you dating and embarrassed about the appearance of your labia? Is one longer than the other? Let us help you regain your self-confidence.
You are not alone
Stress Urinary Incontinence Statistics:
- Approximately 1 out of 3 women over the age of 45, and 1 out of every 2 women over 65 experience stress urinary incontinence.
- Urinary incontinence increases with age. Over 50% of women with stress urinary incontinence have overactive bladder.
Overactive Bladder Statistics:
- Overactive bladder affects an estimated 33 million people in the United States with half of these struggling with urinary incontinence.
- Nocturia is quite common among women. Studies and surveys have found that 76% of women over age 40 report getting up to go to the bathroom at least once per night. About one-third of adults over age 30 make two or more nightly bathroom trips.
- Overactive bladder is NOT a normal part of getting older and isn’t something you have to live with. It is a real medical condition that deserves treatment.
Sexual Dysfunction Statistics:
- A recent study found that some form of female sexual dysfunction was reported in 58% of mothers one year after childbirth. The main complaints included insufficient lubrication, abnormal vaginal sensation, vaginal laxity, vaginal tightness, pain with intercourse, and incontinence during intercourse.
- For 1 in 10 women, sex hurts – every time. A new study which surveyed nearly 7,000 British women ages 16 to 74, found that women in their late 50’s and early 60’s were most likely to experience pain during sex, followed by women ages 16 to 24.
Sources: The National Association for Continence, Urology Care Foundation, US National Library of Medicine, DOI.org
Harnessing the state-of-the-art technologies of the EmpowerRF platform, we can make life-changing improvements to women’s lives by addressing common women’s health concerns. As demonstrated in the chart below, many of the concerns can be treated with multiple devices. Treatment recommendations are tailored based on the combination of your concerns, the symptoms you are experiencing, as well as the severity of the symptoms.
The treatment options fall into two distinct categories, tightening the tissue and strengthening the muscle. Each of these treatment options have a specific number of initial treatments recommended to achieve the optimal outcome, however, as we continue to age, additional treatments will be necessary to maintain the desired results.
- We use radiofrequency (RF) heat energy and microneedling to tighten the tissue of the vaginal canal and vulva. The three devices that treat tissue are FormaV, Morpheus8V, and Aviva.
- We use electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) to re-educate and strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor with the VTone device.
We have designed packages that allow for a customized treatment plan that is right for you. By combining treatments into packages, you get the advantage of discount pricing for multiple services. Central Minnesota Dermatology partners with CareCredit and offers reduced APR and fixed monthly payment plans as well as no interest options if paid in full within 6 or 12 months.
We do not offer refunds on services rendered. Results for aesthetic services can vary significantly from person to person. We will do our best to achieve your desired result, but outcomes cannot be guaranteed. Patients are responsible for any additional treatments that may be needed to achieve and maintain desired outcomes. If a package is purchased and the patient would like a refund for unused treatments, the refund amount will be calculated as the package price less the number of treatments used at the individual treatment price.